One of the most common places that young adults and moms shop is Target. The Target.com information states that the median age of guests is 40 and the average income is 64K. Target is home to many things including apparel, food, office, home, and upfront food stops. My thoughts while in target are based just about every time I take a trip to my local Target. I am usually not in any hurry therefore I could take hours in my local Target just looking around and buying things that I do not need or have convinced myself that I do need in order to survive.
1. I head straight towards the apparel. I check for sales first and then base the rest of my target trip on that. There cheap t-shirts and tanks are a frequent stop. The comfy clothes are always in my closet!
2. Second, I will lean towards the active and socks. As a dancer I always need new socks. They are great gifts and so stylish with all their different designs!
3. The next stop will be to check out the new make up along with the new handbags. I can always use either and end up buying something while in this section of Target. While at this point I am thinking to myself how much I have spent and how much left I can spend without going into debt. On a college students debit card is a lot smaller than the Moms that come in and don’t have a limit.
4. While thinking, holding, and walking around leisurely I start to get hungry and head towards the food aisle. I realize that I am craving something like Qdoba or a cheese pizza.
5. So then I think that I need pencils; You can never have too many pencils especially during the school year. I look towards the cute decorative office supplies while storing up for the school year. After I have looked the whole store and spent most of my paycheck, I decide its time to go and that I probably need to head home and do something more productive.
Although impulse buying is fun and “relaxing” it can hurt your bank account and leave you with a big bill. Always watch what you spend on your account and plan ahead.
Until next time-Happy Shopping!