Leather is absolutely EVERYWHERE in Italy…. Especially in Florence. The leather market was started in Florence and then spread across Europe. Everywhere you go there will be a leather store or booth to buy something special for you. … Continue reading
As many who know me I am obsessed with pizza. It is always my top choice for meals whether it is Pizza Hut’s deep dish, Papa John’s pizza delivered with the tasty garlic sauce, or even the Giordano’s in Chicago famous for the deep dish pizza that melts in your mouth. This delicious meal is always an A+ and satisfying.
Although this yummy piece of cheese, tomato sauce “but it’s a vegetable”, and bread is quite hefty on the calories. Ranging with two slices of Peperoni pizza, because who can have just one?, the 625 calories that will haunt you. That is 159 minutes of climbing stairs to burn off those TWO slices of pizza. That is like the longest, and worst workout.
So, after all that I decided that giving up pizza would be a good idea for a YEAR. I thought of how many calories I won’t be eating. Giving up pizza will help a balanced diet and help with weight loss. My goal for 2016 is to lose 15 pounds, and getting rid of pizza is the first step.
This is one of the hardest decisions I have made, but in order to fulfill your dreams you have to give up things to make those dreams become a reality. What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
…And a Happy New Year to all
This past weekend I competed for Miss Indiana State University. It was an amazing experience to meet 21 other girls just as driven and committed to service as I am. This was my first pageant in the Miss America system and I can’t wait to participate in more. I am proud to announce I was awarded the Miracle Maker Award (Raising the most money for CMN) and the People’s Choice Award. While I did not take home the crown, I do wish Madisson Brower all the best as she serves her year as Miss ISU.
I would like to thank my friends, family, ZTA sisters, and my coach Nicole Pollard for all the support along the way!
~Thank you Katelynne
It’s no secret Indiana State University is my favorite school, because I am a proud sycamore. I love attending events that ISU hosts and presents. I would love to share with everyone and especially high school seniors looking for an awesome University to attend. The campus has so much to offer and I have really enjoyed the family-like environment you feel as you walk around. I see instructors and fellow students and not only am I greeted with a smile, but many know me and know my name. You wouldn’t get this same feeling on a larger campus.
- ISU offers over 87 majors for bachelor’s degrees. I am lucky to be a part of the Textiles, Apparel, and Merchandising major program. My program has some of the most supportive teachers that I have seen. They truly want to see you succeed in the program. I love being a part of a program where my peers and professors are as excited as I am.
- ISU is #1 in the Nation for Community Service. I have participated in community service since I was a little girl scout helping out with the nursing home. Every Wednesday ISU has stop n` serves where anyone can stop, swipe their ID, and get an hour of community service by helping out a local organization right on campus. In addition to those events, there are many other days that are dedicated to community service both on campus and throughout greek life.
- The beauty on ISU campus is something I love about ISU. I love walking through campus and seeing the trees and various sights. The campus always makes sure it is cleaned and ready for their students. The campus is always making new additions and renovations to make it the best for the ISU students. The opening of Normal Hall was amazing- as seen through many pictures. It is so exciting to be lucky enough to live on a great campus where we have great buildings and a beautiful campus.
- ISU sports don’t charge students a fee for games. Making it more affordable to attend games and get the college experience with attending anything from football to softball to basketball to volleyball games. I love being a sycamore and showing off my blue and white!
- ISU has a 4-year guaranteed plan for students to graduate in 4 short years. It helps students save money and graduate on time with graduation class. I am proud that our advisors and professors work hard to make sure we graduate in time and have information to succeed in life. Every day is a blessing being able to go to a great school like ISU.
I love representing and advocating for ISU, because it has opened so many doors for me within the community and I am proud of the person I have become since I’ve been at ISU. I can’t wait for my years to come and hope that I get to represent the school in the best way I can.
As you already know, I’m very involved with the Miss America Organization but you probably didn’t know that one of the exciting opportunities this organization offers is the chance to raise funds for local children’s hospitals through Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. The money I raise will help save children’s lives, and a portion will also go to support the Miss America Scholarship Fund.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals makes sure that donated funds stay local which means that your donation helps kids and families right here in our community. I invite you to join me in touching the lives of sick and injured children today, by clicking the “Donate Now” button to make a secure donation. You can also see the impact of your donation by clicking here to view some of the incredible miracle stories from kids we’ve helped. These are just a few stories out of millions of kids treated at Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals each year.
Thank you so much for your support and for helping me make miracles happen!
This past weekend I participated in the Crucial Catch Indianapolis Colts vs. Jacksonville Jaguars for a philanthropy event with my sorority Zeta Tau Alpha. The event task was to hand out pink ribbons to fans to support breast cancer awareness … Continue reading
The Chances for Youth program Big Brothers Big Sisters in Terre Haute has given me a chance to be another big sister. I applied about a year ago and after a background check, interview, and a few training exercise I was ready to be matched! It took 4 months for them to find a perfect little for me, and they sure did. She is a complete ray of sunshine.
My little loves to dress up, play outside, watch movies, and go on car rides. She’s very adventurous and has a lot of energy. We have so much in common and that is why the Big Brothers Big Sisters program is great at what they do! She loves to get in my car and eat fruit snacks while listening to rap music; it sounds strange but she knows all the words.
I also do things for her like teaching manners, going over how to spell, learning good habits, and simple life lessons. I often try to challenge her because she is extremely smart and knows her stuff. I will always throw out big words for her to spell and with a little help she is getting better everyday.
We have gone to eat a few times in the quads at ISU. She loves the food and especially the ice cream there. She once told me, “Katie, I don’t know why the boys are mean to me at school.” I laughed a little and explained that if they are mean it usually means they like you. Her reaction was priceless. I love being able to see a smile on a child’s face by just the small things. Whether I have made her laugh or she is having a great time learning new things.
Everyday is an obstacle and everyday is a new chapter in our lives that we share. We grow and learn together. One thing I have learned most from the program is patience. It isn’t about what you want; it is about what the child wants and needs. She comes first at the end of the day. I love spending time with my little one thanks to the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program.
I have loved being a Big Sister this past year and look forward to many years to come!