It’s no secret Indiana State University is my favorite school, because I am a proud sycamore. I love attending events that ISU hosts and presents. I would love to share with everyone and especially high school seniors looking for an awesome University to attend. The campus has so much to offer and I have really enjoyed the family-like environment you feel as you walk around. I see instructors and fellow students and not only am I greeted with a smile, but many know me and know my name. You wouldn’t get this same feeling on a larger campus.
- ISU offers over 87 majors for bachelor’s degrees. I am lucky to be a part of the Textiles, Apparel, and Merchandising major program. My program has some of the most supportive teachers that I have seen. They truly want to see you succeed in the program. I love being a part of a program where my peers and professors are as excited as I am.
- ISU is #1 in the Nation for Community Service. I have participated in community service since I was a little girl scout helping out with the nursing home. Every Wednesday ISU has stop n` serves where anyone can stop, swipe their ID, and get an hour of community service by helping out a local organization right on campus. In addition to those events, there are many other days that are dedicated to community service both on campus and throughout greek life.
- The beauty on ISU campus is something I love about ISU. I love walking through campus and seeing the trees and various sights. The campus always makes sure it is cleaned and ready for their students. The campus is always making new additions and renovations to make it the best for the ISU students. The opening of Normal Hall was amazing- as seen through many pictures. It is so exciting to be lucky enough to live on a great campus where we have great buildings and a beautiful campus.
- ISU sports don’t charge students a fee for games. Making it more affordable to attend games and get the college experience with attending anything from football to softball to basketball to volleyball games. I love being a sycamore and showing off my blue and white!
- ISU has a 4-year guaranteed plan for students to graduate in 4 short years. It helps students save money and graduate on time with graduation class. I am proud that our advisors and professors work hard to make sure we graduate in time and have information to succeed in life. Every day is a blessing being able to go to a great school like ISU.
I love representing and advocating for ISU, because it has opened so many doors for me within the community and I am proud of the person I have become since I’ve been at ISU. I can’t wait for my years to come and hope that I get to represent the school in the best way I can.